FOSSEE Semester Long Internship 2022
Last updated on: 27th January 2022
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and travel restrictions placed by IIT Bombay, the FOSSEE Semester Long Internship 2022 will be offered remotely. The FOSSEE team will contact the selected candidates through emails soon.
Registration And Important Dates: The link for registration and important dates are available here.
Following are the two screening tasks for the R FOSSEE Semester Long Internship 2022. It is mandatory for a candidate to complete both the screening tasks to be eligible for the fellowship.
- Register and create and account on this website.
- Go through the procedure for submitting a TBC and read the submission guidelines.
- Propose a textbook keeping in mind that the textbook should neither be in the completed TBC list nor the books in progress list.
- After approval of the proposed textbook, complete the TBC.
- Choose a problem statement related to sociology, psychology, ecology, medicine, climatology, finance, etc., for a case study that has a scope of statistical analysis to be performed in the pursuit of finding a solution.
- Find relevant open-source freely available data related to the chosen problem. Kindly go through the following list of online data repositories for reference:
- Create a case study of the problem statement in the format described below in the “Instructions for screening task 2 submission” section.
- Kindly refer to the completed case studies present on the R FOSSEE website to get an idea of the ideal submission.
Instructions for Screening Task 2 submission
- Participants will have to create a Rmarkdown file for preparing a report of their submission. The format of the Rmarkdown file is available here.
- The name of the submitted Rmarkdown file should be as follows: participant_name_case_study_topic.rmd
- Create a text file containing the data source link used for the project.
- Keep the Rmarkdown file along with the data used and the data source text file in a single folder and name it as follows:
R_your_name (examples: R_Priya_Sharma, R_Raja_Awasthi)
- Compress the folder to create a ZIP file (.zip).
- Give the ZIP file the same name as that of the folder.
- Email the ZIP file to email@example.com for evaluation using the same email ID that was used for registration on the R FOSSEE website. Keep the subject as R Semester Long Internship 2022 Task - Your Name (examples: R Semester Long Internship 2022 Task - Raja Awasthi)
Note: Selected candidates shall go through a virtual R programming test to be eligible for the Fellowship.