Case Study: Procedure
- Prepare a 1-page abstract describing the problem statement associated with the proposed case study topic. Make sure that your proposed topic of case study is neither in the list under Completed Case Studies nor in Case Studies in Progress. To view a sample abstract, click here.
- Create an R FOSSEE account and log in to the website. To create an account, click here.
- Fill out and submit the Case Study Proposal Form.
- Once your proposal is submitted, it will be reviewed and will either get approved or disapproved.
- After receiving proposal approval, you can proceed to complete your case study project.
- Follow the Submission Guidelines carefully.
- Submit the complete code and case study report in the submission portal.
- After successful submission, you should fill out and send the required forms. To view the forms click here.
Data to consider for a case study project:
We recommend the use of data from the following sources for a case study project:
- Open Government Data Portal, Government of India (https://data.gov.in/)
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India (https://morth.nic.in/annual-report)
- Ministry of Education, Government of India (https://www.education.gov.in/en/statistics-new)
- Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India (https://dea.gov.in/data-statistics)
- Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India (http://desagri.gov.in/statistics/)
- India Meteorological Department, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India (https://cdsp.imdpune.gov.in/home_gridded_data.php)
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India (https://main.mohfw.gov.in/documents/Statistics)
- United Nations Data Portal (https://data.un.org/)
- World Bank Open Data (https://data.worldbank.org/)
NOTE: It is not mandatory to use data only from the above-mentioned sources for a case study project. A case study contributor may use any other data of his/her own choice given that it should not have any copyright restrictions.
For any further queries, contact us at contact-r(at)fossee(dot)in.